Ground was broken in June, marking the start of construction work for the John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project. EDS started working on the project in its role as Independent Envrionmental Monitor (IEM) in July 2014.
An outline for work at the site for July through January 2015 is as follows:
• July onward: Construction bridge to go over the penstocks underway;
• September: Blasting begins;
• October: Rock tunneling planned;
• November: Blasting expected to move underground;
• October/November: New project office opened at corner of Hwy 19 and Hwy 28; and
• January 2015: Estimated closure date for Brewster Lake Road.
For more information on the project click here